Subscribe Us

LightBlog
LightBlog

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Call for Submissions on ‘Cat Stories’ by Chicken Soup for the Soul [Books for Children]: Submit Entries by Dec 15!

      "This opportunity is brought to you by Team SAMMAT for free."

The famous Chicken Soup for the Soul is inviting submissions for publication in one of its titles. Submit by December 31!

About Chicken Soup for the Soul

Since 1993, Chicken Soup for the Soul has been a socially conscious company that combines storytelling with making the world a better place. They began by being as inclusive as possible in the pages of their books, publishing stories by people of all faiths, nationalities, ethnicities, sexual orientation and gender identities. With these stories, our publisher and Editor-in-Chief Amy Newmark, and her team put out about a dozen new titles every year. See their over 250 books.

Submission Guidelines

Their readers love our cat titles. They are so very popular, and you have so many great stories to share with us, that we do a new cat title every eighteen months or so. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Lessons Learned from My Cat was released in 2023 but here is another chance for you to share a story or two about the member of your family who just happens to walk on four feet! This book will be published in 2024.

Our cats enrich our lives so much and in so many ways. What would we do without them? We are looking for first-person true stories and poems up to 1200 words that highlight the unique personalities that cats have. Celebrate your cat, or a cat you know, with a wonderful story about what he or she does. Stories can be serious or humorous, or both. We can’t wait to read all the heartwarming, inspirational, and magical stories that celebrate the cat and the magic that cats brings to your life or the lives of your family or friends!

Please note: If you submitted a story or poem for a previous cat book and we DID NOT publish it, here is your chance to submit it to us again. If you submitted a story and we DID publish it in a previous cat book, please do not submit it. We will not publish it again.

Ideas

Here are some ideas to start you out:

  • My cat warms my heart and makes me smile
  • My cat seems to be able to read my mind at times 
  • My cat improves my life 
  • My cat can almost talk – and I understand 
  • My cat makes me laugh 
  • My cat shows me unconditional love 
  • My cat can forgive and forget 
  • My cat shows empathy and an understanding of many situations 
  • My cat thinks he is human 
  • My cat has expectations that she assumes, as her human, I will follow up on 
  • My cat has some peculiar habits 
  • My cat loves the holidays… sleeping in the sun… riding in the car… having a bath… loud noises… my significant other… etc. 
  • My cat hates the holidays… sleeping in the sun… riding in the car… having a bath… loud noises… my significant other… etc. 
  • And any other things you can think of…

How to Submit?

To submit your entries, click here.

Click here to read the official notification of the Call for Submissions on ‘Cat Stories’ by Chicken Soup for the Soul [Books for Children].

Image taken from here.


For more such information join our Groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LightBlog